Devika founder Ken Kencevski has been invited by the Australian Young Global Entrepreneurship Network to attend the G20 Young Entrepreneurs' Alliance Summit Next Year to represent Australia at the Global Entrepreneurship Congress in Medellin.
Every year, the Global Entrepreneurship Congress (GEC) gathers together thousands of entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, policymakers and other startup champions from more than 160 countries to identify new ways of helping founders start and scale new ventures around the world. During the week-long event, delegates make connections, gain insights, learn about new research, and leave ready to renew their programs, policy ideas or firm founder skills.
Global Entrepreneurship Congress 2016 will take place in an unexpected city where “The Business of Next” is a way of thinking that has radically changed the whole community. Medellín—a burgeoning startup hub that some have called the most innovative city in the world—promises to build on the successes of previous years.
The Global Entrepreneurship Congress features a wide variety of sessions to explore what’s next in a variety of topics, such as:
- Innovative entrepreneurship education and support programs to create that entrepreneurial mindset necessary to accelerate the growth of high-potential startups
- The power of data to serve as both a fuel for entrepreneurs as well as guide to shape the policies that help them flourish
- How startups are beginning to solve major global challenges such as with food and water
- Identifying new trends in increasing the availability of early stage capital
- Exploring efforts to unleash the untapped potential of women and youth